I want to share my new little “game” with you:
I love chocolate! So I was eating it every day until a thought in my mind asked: “are you addicted to chocolate?”
As addiction is something that repulses me, I needed to make sure I could go without Chocolate so I set myself up for a challenge: “Free chocolate Wednesdays”– on this day, I am making sure I don’t have a hot chocolate or any type of commercial chocolate (cacao nibs are allowed).
It has been more than a month and I am proud of myself for keeping up with my intention. But this week, I forgot it was Wednesday! The mind can find its way hey?
I wonder if you would like to join me in this practice? It is helping me watch my cravings and I am learning to find other creative more healthy options.
Why do we crave chocolate?
What can we eat instead?
Cacao is a great source of four scientifically proven bliss chemicals – serotonin, dopamine, anandamide and phenylethylamine. These neurotransmitters are associated with cosy feelings of wellbeing, happiness, and therefore gives us a good feeling. It’s important for us to take a moment to tune in and remember what other things gives us a good feeling and then take action. I find that the most active I am, the less I crave chocolate. So maybe I should be jumping in my mini trampoline wright now instead of writing on the computer but I really wanted to share this with you.
Lets not confuse chocolate with cacao! Its the processed sugary chocolate that is not good for our body.
Raw organic cacao is a supper food and its great for us:
5 Benefits of Raw Organic Cacao
• 40 Times the Antioxidants of Blueberries.
• Highest Plant-Based Source of Iron.
• Full of Magnesium for a Healthy Heart & Brain.
• More Calcium Than Cow’s Milk.
• A Natural Mood Elevator and Anti-Depressant.
• Share this with a friend and ask them to join you in this challenge or another, make it personal.
• Tell at least one friend so you are accountable for your intention. It can be any action that is loving towards yourself. Taking one step forward to enhance healthy habits. Don’t be hard on yourself if you don’t do 100% as you set yourself up to. Be kind, just try again.
Feel free to comment, and share your success about “Free Chocolate Wednesdays”! Be strong and creative.